Lincoln County High School
November 19, 2012
The Lincoln County High School Advisory Council met in its regular scheduled meeting on November 19, 2012 in the LCHS Media Center office. The meeting was called to order by principal, Tim Godbey at 4:00 pm.
Members Present: Guests Present:
Tim Godbey Jim Ward
Kevin Bandura Sam Watkins
A. Agenda-The agenda was reviewed and there were no amendments.
B. Review minutes of October meeting-The minutes of the meeting were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
C. Good News Report-Nine students were named to All State Chorus. The chorus department also presented a great musical. Thirteen students made all festival honors band. The CPR training was a success for the Health/PE & Family Consumer Science students. 81 participants gave blood in the library. Matt Smith posted a positive patriot message on Instragram. Meet the Patriots night was a success. Ramona Eldridge became National Board Certified. The Academic Team won over Mercer & Garrard. Boyle County was a no show.
E. Public Comment-None.
- 2011-2012 Score Report-Mr. Godbey shared an email that broke down the numbers to get LCHS to a 61. The school report card was also provided. It gave a summary of the school. The report breakdown of language mechanics and 1/3 of students scored novice, lower than state average. Students will need to improve on English II end of course exams. Reading and Math scores need to be addressed across the entire district. Math scored 22.7. Math is high than reading, 19.2 were novice in science and 28.2 in social studies. The School Improvement Plan is due February 1 to the state department. The KY School report card will help guide our CSIP.
- Review of 60 Day School Improvement Plan-Those outlined in red have not been started, yellow is in progress, and green is completed.
- Status of 90 Day School Improvement Plan- The 90 Day Plan (one week behind) needs to be created. A lot of the 60 plan will be carried over into the 90 Day Plan.
- LCHS Winter Showcase-On December 13, 2012 from 6:00-8:00 student work will be on display. Music and refreshments will be provided.
- Quarterly Report-The next quarterly cohort will be next Monday to critique other schools. The quarterly report is ranked from 1-4. 1 being novice to 4 being distinguished. LCHS received a novice in data questions, behavior interventions and twos on rest.
- Review Financial Statements for October 2012-The finances for October 2012 were reviewed.
- Program Review Status-Mr. Godbey provided the council with a copy of the program review process and timeline.
- Second Reading of Title I Parent Involvement Policy-The wording under number 5, Parent Involvement. The activities listed need to be reworded. What activities is it referring to and what activities will be ran through the Patriot Club.
- Update of Patriot Club-The president is Tim Godbey. There are 4 tenants. The first is celebrating the past (Greg Baird & Jason Todd), the second is celebrating the present (Daryl Day), the third involving school with school (Candice Smith), and fourth involving school with community (Vance Mitchell). The bylaws will be finalized in December. The groups will be formed in January. The goals will be set for the end of school. In January groups will focus on one thing for the rest of the school year. The meetings will be the last Monday of each month at 4:00.
- State of Class Addresses-Mr. Godbey presented to each class where the school was, where we are, and where we are going and how we are to become a top 25 school.
- Community Luncheon-The Thanksgiving luncheon will be held on Wednesday at 11:30 for the business community. The school is hoping that more businesses will become more involved with the school.
The meeting ended at 5:15.
Minutes submitted by: