Lincoln County High School
October 15, 2012
The Lincoln County High School Advisory Council met in its regular scheduled meeting on Monday, September 17, 2012 in the LCHS Media Center office. The meeting was called to order by principal, Tim Godbey at 4:00pm.
Members Present: Guests Present:
Tim Godbey Karen Hatter
Brad Petrey Sam Watkins
- Agenda-The agenda was reviewed and there were no amendments
- Review minutes of the September meeting—The minutes of the meeting were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
- Good News Report- District Champs in Volleyball. District Runners-up in both girls and boys soccer.
- Public Comment-Karen Hatter stated that estimated public release date for test scores to the public is October 29.
- Next Generation Learners-Status of Test Scores- Mr. Godbey explained and the council discussed the new accountability goals. Each of the five areas were examined: Achievement, gap, growth, College and Career readiness, and graduation rate. Each area was thoroughly explained by Mr. Godbey, Mr. Watkins, and Mrs. Hatter. Council discussed how future calculation would differ based on how percentages will change over the next three years.
- Review Financial Statements for August 2012-The finances for August 2012 were reviewed.
Graduation Honors Policy Update- A committee has now been formed consisting of teachers, administrators, and students to draft a revised policy on Honors Status for graduation. This committee’s charge is to develop a proposal to recognize “honor” graduates based on a “standard” rather than a percentile. Proposal should be ready for 1st reading by Christmas. These changes would go into effect for the 2014 graduating class.
First reading of the Title I Parent Involvement Policy- Read and discussed policy and School/Parent contract. These have been drafted by Angela Cain. One item contained a statement that was unclear and Mr. Godbey was going to check with Mrs. Cain about that item before the next meeting.
Adjourn The meeting ended at 5:00
Minutes submitted by Jennifer Kaiser