Lincoln County High School
June 14, 2013
The Lincoln County High School Advisory Council met in its regular scheduled meeting on June 14, 2013 in the LCHS Media Center office. The meeting was called to order by principal, Tim Godbey at 9:02 am.
Members Present: Guests Present:
A. Agenda-The agenda was reviewed and there were no amendments.
B. Review minutes of May-The minutes were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
C. Good News Report-Tanner Elson placed 4th in the state for the FFA creed. Five students earned their FFA degrees. The softball team had a combined GPA of 3.79 and no student was below a 3.0. Graduation was successful.
E. Public Comment-None
NOTE: Someone made a request that all athletic records from July 2010-Current need to be audited. Jonathon Baker will be reviewing these records. Judy Hammons currently has to make copies of every invoice. All booster accounts will be ran through the activity accounts effective July 2013. There are booster teams unhappy that they no longer have control of their teams fundraiser accounts.
- EOC Updates-Algebra II passing rate was 47.5%. US History passing rate was 63.8%. They increased by 20%, however the state benchmark was lowered for US History. English II passing rate was 46.9% and Biology passing rate was 19.15%.
- Program Review-Mr. Godbey presented the PR Next Step Diagnostic for the 2013-2014 school year. It will account for 23% of the schools accountability. A&H PR will need stronger evidence for the next school year. This was the weakness of the three PR. PLCS PR had very strong evidence and will need to work on Consumerism Units and integration of the ILP in all classrooms. The Writing PR will continue to be implemented in the entire high school.
- 30-60-90 Day Plan-The entire year was submitted on June 1st to the commissioner. Mr. Godbey will be sending this data to the entire staff via email. Starting on page 81 this data will reflect how we did for the year. Prior to that is a checkpoint at the time for each quarter. Each section centers around five specific questions.
- Teacher Professional Growth & Effectiveness (TPGES) Updates-Mr. Godbey passed his test!
- Professional Development at LCHS 2013-2014-Mr. Godbey provided us with a copy of the 2013-2014 PD that will be given to staff at the beginning of school.
- CSIP-The effective and ineffective groups will be the next steps for the 2013-2014 school year. This will be in the first 30 day plan.
- Review Financial Statements for May 2013-The finances for May were reviewed. No changes were necessary.
- Title I Parent Teacher Compact-Mr. Godbey provided a revised version.
- New Hires-Science: Dr. Jennifer Putman, Ashley Vanhook, Brittany Cox; Math: Jusint Schommer, Guidance: Ashley Lewis: English: Danielle Padgett; Cheerleading Coach: Amy Bastin
The meeting ended at 10:04 am.
Minutes submitted by: