Lincoln County High School
July 12, 2013
The Lincoln County High School Advisory Council met in its regular scheduled meeting on July 12, 2013 in the LCHS Media Center office. The meeting was called to order by principal, Tim Godbey at 9:02 am.
Members Present: Guests Present:
Tim Godbey Karen Hatter
A. Agenda-The agenda was reviewed and there were no amendments.
B. Review minutes of June-The minutes were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
C. Good News Report-Mr. Mayberry and few band students played with National Guard Band on Main Street.
D. Public Comment-None
- AP Scores-The numbers of students taking the AP exams increased as well as the passing rate. The total number of students tested was 197 and 66 passed (34% passing rate). Each teacher/student will received $100 from Advance KY. The history portion will be paid by the board. Advance KY does not recognize the history exams.
- ACT Scores-For the first time ever Lincoln County’s overall ACT average is above the state average, 19.2. LCHS ACT average was 19.6. LCHS increased in every area.
- P.D. Plan for 2013-14-Mr. Godbey provided council with an updated worksheet.
- Budget for 2013-14-Mr. Godbey provided an updated budget for the coming school year.
- 30 Day Plan 2013-14-Mr. Godbey provided the council with the focus areas that the LCHS 30 Day plan will focus on from the 5/29 TAT meeting (TELL, Program Review, Quarterly Report, & TAT Meeting) for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Review Financial Statements for 2012-2013 (Annual Report)-The finances for the year were reviewed. No changes were necessary.
- Review Financial Statements for June 2013- The finances for June were reviewed. No changes were necessary.
- Student Parent Compact (Title I)-No changes were made.
- Title I parent Involvement Policy-The Title One Policy was reviewed. There were no changes necessary. The budget will need to be revised to show1% will be spent on the Title I Parent Involvement Policy.
- First Time Offenders Policy-This is the first reading on drug/alcohol offender’s policy. Mr. Godbey has spoken with Mr. Dyehouse and Mrs. Sims and they agree with this policy.
- Discuss working meeting for Council Policy Review Work-All school policies will be reviewed starting at the August 19th meeting.
- Updates on SIG Money-LCHS was awarded another $50,000 for the 2013-2014 school year. Room 608 will be made into another technology lab. This lab will be used for strategy courses, scheduling, and freeing up other instructional labs. They will also be able use this as a testing center. Mr. Thomas has been moved downstairs to be closer to the Ag shop.
- Start of the year info (schedules, parking tags, new systems, etc). Starting July 29th Seniors can pick up schedules and tags; 30th-Juniors, August 1st, Sophomores; and Freshmen August 2nd.
- New Hires-English: Danielle Padgett
The meeting ended at 10:05 am.
Minutes submitted by: