Lincoln County High School
October 21, 2013
The Lincoln County High School Advisory Council met in its regular scheduled meeting on October 22, 2013 in the LCHS Media Center office. The meeting was called to order by principal, Tim Godbey at 4:02 pm.
Members Present: Guests Present:
Tim Godbey Mrs. Hatter
Jennifer Kaiser Sam Watkins
A. Agenda-The agenda was reviewed and there were no amendments.
B. Review minutes of September-The minutes were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
C. Good News Report-Mrs. Joanna Stevens was named KY High School Teacher of the Year. Vanessa Worley was named principal at Waco Elementary School in Richmond. On Sept. 30 Sonny’s BBQ was brought in for being named a proficient school. College Application Week –Nov 11-14, many colleges are waiving the fee for seniors. Girls Soccer Team District Runner-Up. The football team made the playoffs.
D. Public Comment-None
- Review of Next Generation Learner Data-Mr. Godbey provided the council with the Second Quarterly Plan. Mr. Godbey has met with EOC teachers and this is the area we need to improve.
- Review of Second Quarter Improvement Plan-Mr. Godbey provided council Second Quarterly Plan and review LCHS scores compared to the state. The council reviewed the 5 Big Rocks quarterly report.
- Review Financial Statements for September 2013- The finances for September were reviewed and there were no changes necessary. Judy Hammons will be retiring December 31, 2013.
- SBDM By-Laws Review-The advisory council reviewed the by-laws that had changes made over the last several months.
- LCHS Emergency Management Policy-The first reading of the emergency plan policy to create the plan.
- Diagnostic Review Information-The DR is due to the state department on October 25th.Mr. Godbey provided staff, parents, and students survey results for the three lowest and 3 highest scoring. 95% of students and staff participated in the survey.
- Val-Ed Survey Information-This survey will take place next week. Mrs. Hatter will administer the survey.
- Review LCHS Emergency Management Plan-The Advisory Council was presented the emergency plan. All emergency plans have been reviewed at the district level. Mr. Harris is in charge of high school emergency plan.
The meeting ended at 5:19 pm.
Minutes submitted by:
LCHS SBDM Advisory Council
A special called meeting of the Lincoln County High School SBDM Advisory Council was called to order at 3:32 on Friday, October 25, 2013 in the school library.
Members present were:
Kevin Bandura-teacher rep
Jennifer Kaiser-parent rep
One teacher representative left early due to KBEA Conference in Louisville and one was called out to fill an emergency bus driving vacancy. One parent representative was unable to attend.
The LCHS Emergency Plan Policy with necessary revisions was reviewed by council members. The policy was read a second time and all members agreed to the necessary revisions.
Meeting was adjourned by Mr. Godbey at 3:40.
Minutes submitted by: