Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar

Student News

LCHS Freshman Orientation, August 2nd

During that time you will become more familiar with procedures, rules, and day-to-day functioning of the high school.  You will receive your schedule that day and go to each class in order to familiarize yourself with the school building and rooms.  Pizza will be provided for students for supper.

We ask that parents do not attend sessions with the students from 3:30 - 6:00pm.  At 6, students will meet back up with parents and finish out the last hour together.           


If you need transportation, we will have bus pick up at all the elementary schools.  Pick up times are as follows:

  • Waynesburg- 3:00 p.m.
  • Highland- 3:10 p.m.
  • Stanford- 3:15 p.m.
  • Crab Orchard- 3:00 p.m.
  • Hustonville- 3:00 p.m.
  • McKinney- 3:05 p.m.

            Please Note: Busses will NOT be provided at the end of the evening.


At 5:00 p.m. parents are invited to the auditorium for our annual Freshman Parent Orientation.  While at the high school you will meet the faculty and staff, receive specifics about policies, procedures, Chromebooks, and etc.  


At 6:00 p.m. students and families will meet up in the auditorium to finish the evening. Bring your $25 Chromebook fee to receive your Chromebook that day.  There will be representatives from KHEAA to discuss how to earn money for college in high school (aka- KEES money.)  There will also be a School Organization Fair where you can find out more information about the different organizations that you can be involved in while a student at LCHS.


Please RSVP via this Google Form, which can also be found on our School webpage, Facebook, and Twitter: https://goo.gl/forms/kcUEoTzQb4QgaCC42



Welcome Back Night set for Tuesday, August 7th!

Welcome Back Logo

Tuesday, August 7th for all incoming 10th, 11th and 12th Grade

Please enter at the Technology Center entrance at the following times for each grade level:

12th Grade:  5:30 p.m.

11th Grade:  6:30 p.m.

10th Grade:  7:30 p.m.

This night is a time to celebrate the beginning of a school year, pick up schedules, and take care of parking tags, chromebooks, etc.  10th and 11th grade students need to bring their $25 chromebook fee and the required paperwork.  The paperwork will be available online soon.

We look forward to seeing you!No automatic alt text available.

*No Schedule Changes will be done on Monday August 13th or Wednesday, August 15th! 

*There will be absolutely no schedule changes 2 weeks after school starts, Thursday, August 30th.





Important Dates for 2018-2019


August 25th - KHEAA to present "Getting In" to Senior English Classes

August 28th - 1st Round of CERT #1 that will determine Redzone

August 29th - Last Day to Sign-up to Take the PSAT/NMSQT for 10th and 11th Grade Students.

August 30th - Last Day to get a schedule change!

September 21st - CCR and AP Celebration at 9am

September 24th - Pre-FAFSA Night 5:30-7:30

October 1st - FAFSA Night 4pm -

October 17th - College & Career Fair 9-11am for 11th and 12th grade students


Contact Us