Lincoln County High School
July 14, 2014
The Lincoln County High School Advisory Council met in its regular scheduled meeting on July 14, 2014 in the LCHS Media Center office. The meeting was called to order by principal, Mr. Tim Godbey at 9:04 am.
Members Present: Guests Present:
A. Agenda-The agenda was reviewed and there were no amendments.
B. Review minutes of June-The minutes were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
C. Good News Report-LCHS is still finding great applicants for the positions available.
D. Public Comment-None
- Review Financial Statements 2014- The financials were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
- Review June Financial Statements- The financials were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
- Updates on Athletics Budget-The board approved to increase the athletic budget by $20,000. Three teams every year will order new uniforms and they will be in a rotation. Each team will be given a budget along with a coaches’ allowance for clothes. Each teams budget will be listed on the student activity account.
- Accounts 106 and 107-A portion of money from both of these accounts have been moved to a district office account. This money will show up on the Quicken report produced every for Advisory Council.
2nd Reading of LCHS Wellness Policy (B. Harris) – A second reading of LCHS Wellness Policy was read by Mr. Godbey.
- Advisory Council Vacancy-The advisory committee still has two vacancies, a parent and teacher rep. Brad Petry accepted another position within the district. LCHS is still waiting to hear from the state on the parent representative.
- Adjustments to Honors Policy due to weighted grades issues-Mr. Godbey has decided to hold off a year on the honors policy due to the change with the graduation requirements.
Consultation on Hiring
- Science, English, Data Analyst, Spanish-Matthew Shirley (Science), Kirsten Pelfrey (English), Stacy Story (Data), Perry Sans, and Aida Martinez (Foreign Language) were recommended for hire.
- Remaining Vacancies: Social Studies, FCS, APC, ELA, Media Asst.-The following vacancies are being interviewed.
- Changes to E.R. Team-Leisa Dickerson comes to us as our new ERL.
The meeting ended at 10:14 am.
Minutes submitted by: