Lincoln County High School
January 12, 2015
The Lincoln County High School Advisory Council met in its regular scheduled meeting on January 12, 2015 in the LCHS Media Center office. The meeting was called to order by principal, Tim Godbey at 4:00.
Members Present: Guests Present:
Tim Godbey Karen Hatter
Natalie Sutton Tracy Griffin
A. Agenda-The agenda was reviewed and there were no amendments.
B. Review minutes of December-The minutes will be reviewed during the February meeting.
C. Good News Report-Patriot Club is moving forward on Hall of Fame Game Friday night against Boyle County. 82% pass rate for English testing. The expectations assembly went very well.
D. Public Comment-None
- NxGen Data Review 2010-14-Mr. Godbey provided the Next generation Learners Data Comparison. From looking at December data graduation will be around 19 points, CCR 20 points, Growth-The ER team is working with juniors. ELA and History are working on reading. Math is working really hard on EOC and have been using ACT prep. No points were given for GAP and Growth. Achievement looks to be around 12.5 at this time.
- Review of SBDM Policies-
- Changeover of policy 14.0101 school Discipline Policy. The policy now matches the Student Code of Conduct.
- 8.012-1. Include Kentucky approved state standards and do away with the unit plan provided. Each department will have their own template.
- 8.013-Remove objectives and change to learning targets.
- 8.0204-Mr. Godbey will include early graduation policy in manual.
- 8.0205-Remove policy- Kentucky did away with the commonwealth diploma.
- 8.04-AP English there is an open enrollment based upon Advanced Placement. Remove what is in red. Use EPAS testing scores for placement. Intervention classes will provided during the summer for those interested in being in AP classes..
- 8.05 Remove Senior Service Learning
- 8.07-ILP requirements will be created prior to the beginning of the school year by the principal and guidance counselors and will be reviewed by the council at the end of the first month.
- Section Nine will be looked at next month.
- Review Financial Statements for December 2014-The finances for December were reviewed and there were no changes necessary. Currently teacher vending is negative (3 commission checks have not been received). Band currently has a negative balance and has two fundraisers that have yet to be turned in. Spring Musical balance is negative and will become positive when tickets go on sale. The CSIP plan has been modified. The Leadership Team was going to Maryland, however Mr. Godbey feels that the money could be spent better with various trainings, PDs, etc. We currently have a $6,000 balance. The state department sent us $5,000 additional and LCHS is waiting to hear if we have to return this money.
- SB Grading Policy-Mr. Godbey presented the council with a sample grading policy. He plans to send this policy out ot the staff for opinions.
- Timeline for teachers on posting grades in IC-Grades will be posted by the next instructional or staff work day depending on the semester. This goes for mid-terms and finals. The CCR deadline is the first of January and all CTE students’ schedules must be reviewed and grades must be posted. Policy 21.0101 will be followed in the 2015-2016 school year.
- Review New Courses for 2015-2016
The following courses are KDE approved courses for the CTE programs. These classes must be offered in order for students to be completers in these programs.
- (Engineering) Special Topics in Engineering and Engineering Design II
- (Culinary) Advanced Food and Nutrition
- (Animal Science) Veterinary Science
An additional math class with be added next year for those students that will take Workeys in the winter.
Executive Session for consultation on hiring for Administrative Assistant. Interviews took place on December 19th and Erica Mills was chosen. There is now a posting for the front desk.
The meeting ended at 5:07pm.
Minutes submitted by: