Quick Links to Topics on this page...
Rogers Scholars Program
Governors School for the Arts (GSA)
Students who took the PSAT....
Link to a FREE PSAT Webinar to Understand your Scores
This is on Jan. 3rd in the evening from 8-9pm. This will help you understand your scores and the National Merit Scholarship.
Please Click the Links for more information
1. Rogers Scholars Program -
We will have an informational meeting on Wednesday, October 25th at 1:50 pm for eligible students.
Please click this link to find out more information Roger's Scholars Program Page.
Please click this link to see the dates and apply: Application Page The deadline to apply is January 31, 2018
To be eligible:
* Be a current sophomore at a high school located within the 45-county service area of The Center for Rural Development.
*Have a strong interest in developing skills in leadership, technology, entrepreneurship, and community service.
* Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4 point scale).
Students interested in attending Governor's School for the Arts need to start the application process now... The links below give more information.
Students who wish to attend the Craft Academy must meet certain requirements and apply for the program. Students are selected based on ACT score, academic grades from their first two years of high school, interest in advanced STEM careers, responses to application essay questions, interview by the Academy Selection Committee and recommendations from teachers and others who can attest to the student’s need and preparedness for the program.
To be eligible to attend the Craft Academy, you must:
- Be a current resident of the state of Kentucky
- Be a high school sophomore
- Complete Geometry, Algebra and Algebra II by the end of your sophomore year
- Score a minimum ACT score of 18 in English, 22 in reading, and 22 in math
- Applications are accepted beginning Aug. 1, 2017.
- The application deadline is Feb. 1, 2018. Submit your completed application online by Feb. 1, 2018 and mail in your supplemental items as a packet postmarked no later than Feb. 1, 2018.
- Students selected for interviews will be notified after the Feb. 1 deadline, and interviews will be held Feb. 24, 2018 - time TBD.
- Final selections will be made in March 2018. 60 high school sophomores will be selected to begin the Fall 2018 semester at Craft Academy as high school juniors.
For more information, please visit the Craft Academy website and come see the Guidance Office if you need any help.