Quick Links to Topics on this page...
Rogers Scholars Program
Governors School for the Arts (GSA)
Rising Junior Scheduling Information
Diploma Types. This document compares the 3 diploma types we offer side by side. *These may be slightly different on the Advanced Diploma due to requirement changes over the years. Refer the the Redbook when these students were freshmen as to what specifically is required. Also, some changes happen due to state decisions.
LCHS Career Pathways. This document shows the current pathways that are offered at LCHS. These are the current requirements for these pathways, but these are due to change each year.
Lincoln and Garrard Area Technology Centers (ATC) Career Pathways. These are the current Career Pathways offered through the Lincoln and Garrard County Area Technology Centers.
Rising Junior Google Slide Presentation for students. This presentation was used to help guide students through scheduling.
Sophomore AP Contract. This document is the Sophomore AP Contract. Students and Parents must sign this document to be allowed to take AP Courses during their sophomore year. This document does not need to be used for Pre-AP courses. It is only used for AP courses such as AP Biology or AP World Civilization.
PE Performance Based Credit. This document is the form to fill out for students wanting to use their KHSAA Team hours or their Marching Band hours as their PE credit. Fill out and turn into the Guidance Office. Make sure to have the coach's signatures.
KHEAA IPAD Pro Giveaway May 1 - June 1
Kentucky residents have another chance to win a new iPad from KHEAA in a sweepstakes being held through Facebook in February. The contest runs from 12 a.m. on Feb. 1 through 12 a.m. on March 1.
To enter, a Kentuckian must visit the KHEAA Facebook page, click on the “Giveaway” tab on the left side of the KHEAA Facebook page and answer one question about college. On a mobile device, the giveaway post is pinned to the top of the KHEAA Facebook page. KHEAA will not share or sell any personal information to a third party.
Only Kentucky residents are eligible. Employees of KHEAA or its sister agency, the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation, and their immediate family members are not eligible. Prior winners are also not eligible. The drawing will be held in early March, and the winner will be notified by email. The winner must respond by email within three calendar days to receive the iPad Pro. If no response is received within three days, another winner will be drawn.
Please Click the Links for more information
1. Rogers Scholars Program -
We will have an informational meeting on Wednesday, October 25th at 1:50 pm for eligible students.
Please click this link to find out more information Roger's Scholars Program Page.
Please click this link to see the dates and apply: Application Page The deadline to apply is January 31, 2018
To be eligible:
* Be a current sophomore at a high school located within the 45-county service area of The Center for Rural Development.
*Have a strong interest in developing skills in leadership, technology, entrepreneurship, and community service.
* Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4 point scale).
Students interested in attending Governor's School for the Arts need to start the application process now... The links below give more information.
Students who wish to attend the Craft Academy must meet certain requirements and apply for the program. Students are selected based on ACT score, academic grades from their first two years of high school, interest in advanced STEM careers, responses to application essay questions, interview by the Academy Selection Committee and recommendations from teachers and others who can attest to the student’s need and preparedness for the program.
To be eligible to attend the Craft Academy, you must:
- Be a current resident of the state of Kentucky
- Be a high school sophomore
- Complete Geometry, Algebra and Algebra II by the end of your sophomore year
- Score a minimum ACT score of 18 in English, 22 in reading, and 22 in math
- Applications are accepted beginning Aug. 1, 2017.
- The application deadline is Feb. 1, 2018. Submit your completed application online by Feb. 1, 2018 and mail in your supplemental items as a packet postmarked no later than Feb. 1, 2018.
- Students selected for interviews will be notified after the Feb. 1 deadline, and interviews will be held Feb. 24, 2018 - time TBD.
- Final selections will be made in March 2018. 60 high school sophomores will be selected to begin the Fall 2018 semester at Craft Academy as high school juniors.
For more information, please visit the Craft Academy website and come see the Guidance Office if you need any help.