Click here to skip down to the Helpful Links towards the bottom of the page.
EKU Upward Bound - 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students can apply.
Please click on the Information Sheet to learn more.
17-18 EKU Upward Bound Application
Governor's School for the Arts (GSA) - 10th and 11th Grade Students can Apply
Sophomores and Juniors are eligible to apply for GSA. You need to START NOW!
Click Here to see the GSA Promotional Video.
Click Here to see the GSA brochure for Parents and more.
Click Here for information and to apply.
Governor's School for Entrepreneurs
If you are interested in being an Entrereneur, this summer program is for you!! Click the link to find out more information!!
Students chosen get scholarship opportunities at several colleges just like GSP and GSA students.
Governor's Scholars Program - 11th Grade Students Can Apply. Deadline to turn Application into the Guidance Office is Friday, December 14, 2018. This application is extensive so start early.
The Governor’s Scholars Program is a summer residential program for outstanding high school students in Kentucky who are rising seniors.
Students selected are placed at various college campuses across Kentucky. There are a lot of Scholarship opportunities at various colleges just for attending GSP.
To be eligible to apply and be selected as a Governor's Scholar, a student must:
- Be in the 11th grade at the time of selection and intend to return to a Kentucky school district for the next school term. (Students skipping their senior year to enter college are not eligible);
- Be a current resident of Kentucky;
- Have taken the ACT, PSAT, or SAT in the 9th, 10th or 11th grades.
PSAT/NMSQT - Must Sign Up before August 29th! For 10th and 11th Grades only!
Please Click here to read more about the PSAT/NMSQT
Cost is $16 and needs to turned in the Guidance Office by Thursday, September 27th.
Rogers Scholars Program - 10th Grade Students only can apply. GREAT Opportunity!!!!
Please click this link to find out more information Roger's Scholars Program Page.
Please click this link to see the dates and apply: Application Page The deadline to apply is January 31, 2018
To be eligible:
* Be a current sophomore at a high school located within the 45-county service area of The Center for Rural Development.
* Have a strong interest in developing skills in leadership, technology, entrepreneurship, and community service.
* Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4 point scale).
10th Grade Students apply, but you must start planning early to fulfill all requirements.
Gatton Academy applicants for the Class of 2021 (Current Freshmen) must
- be a current domiciled resident of the state of Kentucky as stated by the Kentucky Council of Postsecondary Education,
- be a sophomore or have achieved sophomore status (as stated by their sending school) at the time of application (February 1),
- be a junior (as stated by their sending school) at the time of enrollment to The Gatton Academy (August 1 of the same application year),
- complete Geometry and Algebra II prior to enrollment,
- score a minimum 22 math on the ACT or score a minimum 520 math on the SAT, and
- submit all required materials no later than February 1, 2019
Students who wish to attend the Craft Academy must meet certain requirements and apply for the program. Students are selected based on ACT score, academic grades from their first two years of high school, interest in advanced STEM careers, responses to application essay questions, interview by the Academy Selection Committee and recommendations from teachers and others who can attest to the student’s need and preparedness for the program.
To be eligible to attend the Craft Academy, you must:
- Be a current resident of the state of Kentucky
- Be a high school sophomore
- Complete Geometry, Algebra and Algebra II by the end of your sophomore year
- Score a minimum ACT score of 18 in English, 22 in reading, and 22 in math
KHEAA information and KEES Money
Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority is a GREAT Resource and HELP with many facets of getting ready for college!! They feature Scholarships and have TONS of INFORMATIONS!!!!
Check out their website! www.kheaa.com
Also, Follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
CHECK YOUR KEES Money that you have earned in High School. Make sure it is correct!
Parchment to Order Transcripts
Know How 2 Go KY
This website is a GREAT Resource for Timelines of what you should be doing 9th-12th grade year. It has helpful hints and helps through the process of knowing how to go to college.