Pre-FAFSA Night - Monday, September 24, 5:30-7:30 @ LCHS Library
This night is very informative to help you know what information you need to fill out the FAFSA starting October 1st (the next week). Every student's situation is different so information that one student needs might be different from another.
FAFSA Night - Monday, October 1st 4pm - @ LCHS Library
Come prepared to Log on and actually fill out the FAFSA with a KHEAA professional that can help answer the difficult questions. Please read the information Below so you can be extra prepared!! Trust me, it will save you time!!!!
Free Applicaton for Federal Student Aid - This application determines how much aid you can receive from federal sources.
Tips on filling out the FAFSA
1. BEFORE starting the FAFSA, gather these items.... You can also use this FAFSA Worksheet prior to filling it out so you know ahead of time what is going to be asked.
- Your Social Security number.
- Your driver’s license number.
- The W-2 forms and other records of money earned from the most recent tax year (if you’re filing the 2015-16 academic year, you’ll need your 2014 income and tax returns).
- Your tax returns (and your spouse’s, if you’re married).
- Your parents’ most recent tax return (if you’re a dependent student).
- Your untaxed income records.
- Your current bank statements.
- Your current business and investment information.
- Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you’re not a U.S. citizen).
2. You will first Create 2 FSA ID's. Go to this website to create these: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
* One FSA ID will be for the Parent and the other will be for the student.
* You will need different email addresses for each of these! We do not recommend using your school student email since it will be disabled after graduation.
3. To fill out the FAFSA go to www.fafsa.gov
* DO NOT PAY for the FAFSA. If you fill out the FAFSA and it ask for payment information, you are on the wrong website! Many websites will be very similar!
KHEAA has resources and Outreach Counselors to help you if you get stuck on some difficult questions. Use their website to find your counselor and get help. www.kheaa.com
FAFSA has FREE HELP!!! You can find help online at fafsa.gov or you can call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243). TTY users (hearing impaired) can call 1-800-730-8913