Lincoln County Early Childhood School Readiness Mission is to ensure:
- Children are ready for school.
- Families are ready to support their children's learning.
- Schools are ready for children.
All children can be ready for school if they are supported by:
- Knowledgeable, nurturing teachers.
- Developmentally appropriate whole-child experiences.
- Environments that meet each child's unique needs.
- Parents that understand child growth and development.
- Strong partnerships among the school, family, and community.
Child developemnt and education services are provided for children ages 3-4 years old including children with special needs. Preschool / Head Start classrooms are located throughout five of the county's elementary schools and Board of Education Annex. Preschool/Head Start child attend four days a week. Early Head Start provides early childhood development services for infants & toddlers ages birth to 3 years old including children with special needs, who meet income eligibility guidelines. Early Head Start classrooms are located at the Board of Education Annex. Early Head Start children attend the classroom five days a week. The program follows the Lincoln County School District Calendar.
Services for four year olds who are "at risk" based on Free & Reduced Meal income guidelines, and three & four year olds who have identified disabilities. Children must be 3 or 4 by August 1st.
Services for 3 & 4 year olds who meet Head Start income guidelines. Children must be 3 or 4 by August 1st.
Early Head Start
Services for birth to three year olds who meet Head Start income guidelines.
2016-2017 Registration Flyer
Year round registration is held at the Early Childhood office by appointment. Please bring the following when coming to register your child:
- Child you are enrolling
- Certified copy of the child's birth certificate (not hospital record)
- Child's Social Security Card (optional)
- Child's Immunization Certificate
- Income Verification (check stub, W2, etc.)
To make an appointment please call the Early Childhood office at 365-2290.