Lincoln County High School
August 20, 2012
The Lincoln County High School Advisory Council met in its regular scheduled meeting on August 20, 2012, in the LCHS Media Center. The meeting was called to order by principal, Tim
Godbey at 4:01 pm.
Members Present: Guests Present:
Tim Godbey Karen Hatter
Kevin Bandura Sam Watkins
A. Agenda-The agenda was reviewed and there were no amendments.
B. Review minutes of July meeting-The minutes of the meeting were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
C. Good News Report-An article in the IJ reported that LCHS graduation rates soared to 88% in 2012. Mr. Godbey has received several phone calls from the community and Mr. Win Smith congratulating him on the success of the school. Makayla Campbell was named Grand Champion for the third time at the KY State Fair for her cured ham. She beat out 600 competitors from across the state. This competition included a speech and essay. The Community Outreach plan has started. Several school representatives have been present at soccer, football, and volleyball games. Many parents are asking what it means to be college/career ready. Several Danville parents also spoke to the representatives inquiring about what it means to be college/career ready. Soccer officials are commenting on the soccer field about how nice the grounds are looking.
E. Public Comment-Sam Watkins introduced himself to the parent representatives. Karen Hatter felt that all LHCS graduates can be CCR and citizenship ready.
- Implementation and Impact Check on 30-60-90 Day Plan-Mr. Godbey provided the advisory council the 30 day Plan for Progress. Mr. Godbey stated the 60 Day Plan planning will be in August. The 60 Day Plan will go into effect on September 19.
- The Structure of the LCHS Work-How we get things done-Mr. Godbey provided a list of the 2012 LCHS School Turnaround Structure Teams: Core Support Teams, TAT, PLC Facilitator Teams, and LCHS Data Team. This information will be provided to the staff in the coming month.
- Review Financial Statements for July 2012-The finances for July 2012 were reviewed.
- Closing Exam Policy-Incentive Program Policy 21.02012 & 21.03- These policies have been deleted from the policy handbook. There are no longer assessments for individual student progress that allows for closing exam incentives. CATS’ testing has been dissolved by the state department.
- Review Timeline for Entering Grades Policy 21.0101-The statement regarding the LCHS trimester grading requirements has been removed. The policy has been revised to state all grades must be posted every two weeks.
- Review Parent-Teacher Conference Policy 6.03-The policy has been revised to say that parent conferences will be one week after each grading period with the exception of the final grading period. The principal will arrange all dates.
- Update on personnel changes since the beginning of school-The following are new hires for the 2012-2013 school year: James Kirk-Social Studies and Cynthia Sanders- Attendance Clerk.
The meeting ended at 5:01.
Minutes submitted by: