February 24, 2014
The Lincoln County High School Advisory Council met in its regular scheduled meeting on February 24, 2014 in the LCHS Media Center office. The meeting was called to order by principal, Tim Godbey at 4:06 pm.
Members Present: Guests Present:
A. Agenda-The agenda was reviewed and there were no amendments.
B. Review minutes of January-The minutes were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
C. Good News Report-CTE 8th Grade Day was a success! Boys Freshmen won 12th Region Basketball Tournament. Mr. Godbey presented at the DC National Psychology
Conference. Mr. Godbey’s trip was free since he was a presenter on the 30-60-90 Day plan. Dr. Briggs presented three times on PBIS. Cici Hall placed 13th in the state and 4th placed in region for bowling. Justice Ezell is a Dell Scholarship recipient. Lexi Jones was published and her poem was read over the radio.
D. Public Comment-None
- Implementation and Impact Check of Improvement Plan-The entire quarterly report was reviewed 30-60-90 Plan. The fourth quarter plan will start in the middle of March.
- Update on ACT and Response to Snow Days-15 Snow Days have been missed. Students have been asked to come to 3 after school sessions 1 hour session, 1 Saturday session 2 hours. There will be a drawing for 4 UK tickets behind the Alabama bench.
- SIG Grant Information for 2014-2015-Mr. Godbey is asking for 1.5 million. The grant deadline has been extended to Sunday, March 10th. The big issue is personalized learning. Every EOC class would have their own device. The teacher would control device.
- Leadership Audit Information-There will be a two person team come in March and we will received their recommendations in April.
- LCHS Budget Process for 2014-2015-We do not have section 6 allocation yet. Mrs. Hatter hopes to have numbers first of the month. As of now no cuts for next year. At the next advisory council meeting we will discuss about staffing for 2014-2015.
- Review of 2nd Semester Timeline-Mr. Godbey provided the advisory council with a timeline for program review, writing, TPGES, red zone, testing, scheduling.
- Review Financial Statements for January 2014- The finances for January were reviewed and there were no changes necessary.
- Review out on SBDM Policy Review: Section 6 SBDM-Students Support Services-
Section 6 will be reviewed at next month’s meeting.
Updates on Integrated Social Studies-Int. Social Studies will stay in the ninth grade. Social Studies does not know how this would impact US History EOC.
- Potential New Courses to meet new Career Pathway (Art)-The state department just proposed a new career pathway. Mrs. Griffin is researching the different classes. Mrs. Evans and Mr. Godbey do not want to revamp her current program if it means all classes would change. If the changes are made Art will move into the CTE program.
- LCHS Leadership Audit (Week of March 24, 2014)
The meeting ended at 5:05 pm.
Minutes submitted by: