Lincoln County High School
May 19, 2014
The Lincoln County High School Advisory Council met in its regular scheduled meeting on May 19, 2014 in the LCHS Media Center office. The meeting was called to order by asst. principal, Billy Harris at 4:05 pm.
Members Present: Guests Present:
Tim Godbey Karen Hatter
A. Agenda-The agenda was reviewed and there were no amendments.
B. Review minutes of April -The minutes were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
C. Good News Report-Connor Patterson placed 1st placed in National Archery Competition. He will compete in the World Championship this summer. Colin Hart made it to the sweet sixteen in the state tennis tournament. LCHS was named to the World News as a bronze school. Senior Honors night and the Spring Musical were a success. Bass Fishing Team placed 11th in the state.
D. Public Comment-None.
- Testing Schedule Review- Mr. Godbey provided the council with a testing schedule.
- Testing Incentive Plan—Mr. Godbey provided a copy of the good faith effort and performance incentive and recognition plan.
- Staffing for 2014-2015- We did not lose any staff, however next school year we are losing Stacy Faulkner. There are several possibilities: The plan is to move Tony Cress to Tim Estes’ position and post Tony Cress’ (Foreign Language/Arts & Humanities). The other change is special education has been cut 1.5 positions. The only nontenure is Jonah Abney (full time) and Travis Leffew (.5). Travis’ salary will be taken from 1/10 regular classroom and then and add .4 to be half time. The 4/10 will come from the Library. Librarian will only be staffed by Mrs. Upchurch. There is a possibility to post a quarter of a position since it has 2/10 of a position available.
- Review Financial Statements for April 2014-The finances for April were reviewed and there were no changes necessary. The banking centers (copies) are a negative. There is a carryover dollar amount and we will not be in the negative at the end of the year.
- Update on SIG and implementation of SIG-We have been told we will receive data analysis person. This person will organize; enter data for EOC, KOSSA, and Coyote. This will only be a 2 year position. Once LCHS is out of PLA status we will no long receive SIG money.
- Renaming of World Civilization to World History-Mr. Godbey has spoken with Social Students about renaming World Civilization.
- Weighted grades at LCHS-Mr. Godbey is going to ask Mrs. Griffin to research surrounding schools about their policy on weighted vs/ nonweighted grades.
- Math Textbook Review- This Glencoe Company has partnered with Alex and will save a tremendous amount of money per year. Mr. Manion requested an additional 32 books however they are not able to add books to the order. Mrs. Cain cannot call and add books to the contract. If there are additional books needed additional dollars will be needed.
- Review Student-Parent Compact for Title I-Mr. Godbey and the council reviewed student-parent compact for Title I.
- Review Parent Involvement Policy-Mr. Godbey and the council reviewed types of involvement. The program shall reserve 1% of budget for parent involvement
- Audit Report from KDE-The following was stated in the audit report from KDE:
- Standard 3.1 LCHS Rating 3 Team Rating 3
- Standard 3.2 LCHS Rating 3 Team Rating 2
- Standard 3.3 LCHS Rating 3 Team Rating 2
- Standard 3.4 LCHS Rating 3 Team Rating 3
- Standard 3.5 LCHS Rating 3 Team Rating 3
- Standard 3.6 LCHS Rating 2 Team Rating 2
- Standard 3.7 LCHS Rating 3 Team Rating 3
- Standard 3.8 LCHS Rating 2 Team Rating 3
- Standard 3.9 LCHS Rating 3 Team Rating 2
- Standard 3.10 LCHS Rating 1 Team Rating 1
- Standard 3.11 LCHS Rating 3 Team Rating 3
- Standard 3.12 LCHS Rating 2 Team Rating 2
Anything rated below a 3 is opportunity for improvement. In several subcategories LCHS was rated a 4. The overview of standard three was the culture has changed for student achievement and growth. The biggest concern was that LCHS needs an aligned standard-based grading system. Observations also included inconsistent evidence of active student engagement and differentiated learning experiences. Overall, LCHS received a promising practice rating. Only 3 schools received this rating out of 19.
Updates on Vacancies at LCHS
The following are vacancies here at LCHS: Head Football Coach, Foreign Language, English, Math, FMD, Social Studies, and a possible Science position.
The meeting ended at 5:24pm.
Minutes submitted by: