Lincoln County High School
June 11, 2014
The Lincoln County High School Advisory Council met in its regular scheduled meeting on June 11, 2014 in the LCHS Media Center office. The meeting was called to order by principal, Mr. Tim Godbey at 4:00pm.
Members Present: Guests Present:
Tim Godbey Tracy Griffin
Natalie Sutton Billy Harris
A. Agenda-The agenda was reviewed and there were no amendments.
B. Review minutes of May -The minutes were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
C. Good News Report- LCHS graduated 212 seniors on June 6, 2014. LCHS recognized 4 retiring teachers on the last staff work day. As of today we are at 89% CCR.
D. Public Comment-None
- CCR at LCHS-89% students are CCR. This is highest CCR for LCHS. Three years ago we were at 23%.
- Program Review at LCHS-Mr. Godbey provided the council with the PR Next Step Diagnostic Plan.
- Staffing for 2014-2015-Mr. Godbey provided the council with the staffing allocations and found a 1.31 difference that will allow LCHS to hire an library assistant and subs for custodians when needed.
- Review Financial Statements for May 2014- The financial reports were reviewed and no changes were necessary.
- SIG Money Notification-LCHS received $311,638 from the state department and the district received $153,129. The board decided to give LCHS the $153,129.
- Update on closing of Student Activity Accounts (Financial Literacy & Class of 1990). Kathy Scott is working on them. She will have them closed by June 30th.
- Weighted Grades Report – Tracy Griffin found out that Danville is the only school district that weights honors classes. Boyle, Southwestern, Pulaski, and Danville High Schools weight AP classes on a 5 point scale. Mr. Godbey stated all AP classes will be weighted for students, however if a student’s chooses not to take the AP exam then they will not receive a weighted grade for that particular class.
- 1st Reading of LCHS Wellness Policy (B. Harris) –After reviewing the program review. LCHS is in need of Wellness Policy. Mr. Harris provided the council with a copy of this policy. This is a first reading of the policy.
- Advisory Council Vacancy-Mr. Godbey found out that we have to replace Doc Spangler because his daughter has graduated. Sam Watkins found out that Mr. Godbey has to submit a list of 3 names to KDE.
Updates on Vacancies at LCHS
Math, Social Studies/ISS, Chemistry, English: Math-Bryley Murphy & Andy Stevens; Social Studies/ISS: Josh Cole, Chemistry: April Hoskins, English: Victoria LeiBeck, Jamie Amburgey.
The meeting ended at 5:00pm.
Minutes submitted by: