The Kentucky Commissioner of Education is seeking applications for appointment to the Lincoln County Board of Education.
You are invited to nominate yourself or someone you know who is qualified to serve on the Lincoln County Board of Education representing Educational Division # 3.
This appointment is effective until the November 2019 Regular Election.
This is a public service position. The appointee will not be employed by the Lincoln County Board of Education.
Serving on the school board is an important public service. School board members are leaders in the community and play a critical role in ensuring students receive the high-quality education they deserve. Responsibilities include:
- Developing policy that governs the operation of schools;
- Providing visionary leadership that establishes long-range plans and programs for the district;
- Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports;
- Setting local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all school district funds are spent wisely.
Board members must be:
- At least 24 years old;
- A Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- A registered voter in the Lincoln County Educational Division #3 ;
- Have a high school diploma or a GED certificate; and
- Meet all other qualifications set forth in law (KRS 160.180).
Applications must be completed and mailed by April 24, 2019. Applications are available at:
All applications must be mailed directly to: Kentucky Department of Education, Commissioner of Education, c/o Office of Legal Services, 300 Sower Blvd. 5th Floor, Frankfort, KY 40601.
Interviews will be conducted approximately 1-3 weeks after this mail date. All qualified applications received by the date stated above will be considered.