Home of the Tigers
Winners Expect Success
Dear Waynesburg Families,
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the 2018-19 school year! I am so pleased that you have chosen Waynesburg Elementary as your child’s school. I am very excited about the opportunity to work with each of you and your student(s) to ensure they have the best academic and social experience possible. At Waynesburg, we strive to ensure that we create a community that inspires growing, learning, and achieving together.
The expectations are rigorous for each Tiger that attends Waynesburg Elementary. Instruction is grounded in the Common Core Standards and teachers adhere to a curriculum map and pacing guide for clear direction. They pay particular attention to each child’s needs and ensure that no child is left in the educational gap of being left behind. Every student matters at Waynesburg and we are proud of the success they exhibit.
At Waynesburg, we want parents and families to be actively involved. Please make sure to look for opportunities to participate in school whenever possible. There are many ways you can support your child and our school, including the following:
• Ask your child about his or her day.
• Establish a daily homework time each afternoon or evening.
• Check your child’s backpack daily.
• Encourage your child to read for at least 20 minutes every day.
• Check the school website or Facebook frequently for news, announcements, and changes to our
calendar of events.
• Read school newsletters each week/month.
• Communicate with your child’s teacher regularly.
• Participate in and support school activities.
• Join the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO).
If you ever have any questions about our school, feel free to contact us at (606) 379-6413. We work hard everyday to prepare the best learning environment for our Tigers.
Let’s work together to make this a great school year for your child!
Dr. Amy Rigsby, Principal
2019-2020 Student Engagement Survey