STANFORD, KY – November 7, 2019
Lincoln County Schools is committed to making sure each student attends school regularly and on-time. Statewide, approximately 17% of students are chronically absent, meaning they miss 10% or more of the academic year.
Numbers taken from www.attendanceworks.org show that missing school for any reason (even excused absences) can translate into third-graders being unable to master reading, sixth-graders failing subjects and ninth-graders dropping out of high school. It is important to be present and ready to learn on a consistent basis. Parents and caregivers play an essential role in student attendance. Here are some things you can do to assure better school attendance:
- Talk about the importance of showing up every day and making it a priority.
- Know the attendance policy and communicate with the school staff.
- Develop daily routines and get adequate rest.
- Try not to schedule doctor and dentist appointments during school hours.
- Don’t allow students to miss school if they are not truly sick.
- Engage in your student’s schoolwork and classes. Don’t hesitate to ask for additional help.
- Stay on top of your student’s social contacts.
- Encourage meaningful after school activities, including sports and clubs.
Parents and caregivers are encouraged to familiarize themselves with Infinite Campus. The Campus Parent feature gives access to important school related information like attendance, grades, school assignments and more. Lincoln County Schools Director of Pupil Personal Brandi Hon said, “Campus Parent is a great way to stay involved with your student on a day to day basis. Parent involvement is essential to student success, and this tool makes it easier to do that.”
To learn more about Infinite Campus, or to download the app, CLICK HERE or contact Judy Russell at 606.365.2424.
Questions About Attendance?
For more information about school attendance or pupil personnel, please contact Brandi Hon at 606.365.2124 or via email at email@example.com. If you have a question about attendance at a specific school within the district, you may contact their attendance clerk:
*Crab Orchard Elementary- June Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 606-355-2331
*Highland Elementary- Penny Greer (email@example.com) or 606-365-2768
*Hustonville Elementary- Jenny Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
*Lincoln County High School- Devona Stamper (Devona.email@example.com) or
*Lincoln County Middle School- Annette Padgett (Annette.firstname.lastname@example.org) or
*Stanford Elementary- Angela Peck (email@example.com) or 606-365-2191
*Waynesburg Elementary- Maggie Crunkleton (Maggie.firstname.lastname@example.org) or 606-379-6413