*Please fill out this form: Intent to Participate Form
Dear Class of 2020,
Hope each of you are doing well during this difficult time. Given the Governor has declared there will be no in-person gatherings, including graduation ceremonies, at least through the month of June, the Senior Class Officers decided to hold a virtual graduation ceremony in the month of May. This will give those students who are going to the military the opportunity to participate and be recognized.
We are working to make sure your graduation ceremony is both meaningful and memorable! To allow for the safety of students, guests, and staff, we have put together an alternate form of the traditional graduation ceremony that will have most of the elements of the traditional ceremony, without the full audience. Each eligible graduate will be given the opportunity to walk across the stage in the gymnasium, have their diploma presented with their credential read aloud, and have the moment video recorded just as it would have been during the traditional ceremony. All recordings including music, the Class President, Valedictorian, and Salutatorian speeches, will be included on the recording. Each graduate will receive a copy of the recording and it will be streamed at a later date.
The following guidelines will be used for the ceremony.
- Ceremony will be virtual with students scheduled alphabetically beginning Monday, 18May and continuing through Friday, 22May.
- Only One (1) car per graduate with the graduate, parents/guardians, and immediate family members up to six (6) persons (including the graduate) are allowed on campus.
- Only graduates who are eligible based on attendance and credits will be eligible to participate in the ceremony. All school fees, including Chromebooks and Library books must be paid prior to participating.
- Graduates will be scheduled while adhering to social distancing guidelines. Students and families will arrive 5 minutes prior to scheduled time, assigned to a parking space and remain in the car in their assigned parking spot until directed to enter the gym.
- Students will be able to pay any fees owed, return any school property and gather any personal property while on campus. Fees will be paid and any Chromebooks collected at the ceremony.
- Traditional graduation dress code will be required for participation in the ceremony. Males—dress shirt with a collar and a tie, dress pants (no jeans), and dress shoes or boots. Females—dress, skirt/blouse combination, or dress slacks/blouse combination (no jeans), and dress shoes or sandals.
- Students will enter the gym with their family members, walk across the stage and receive their diplomas and exit the gym. Family will proceed to the assigned area.
- Caps and Gowns will be worn for the ceremony.
- Students will be able to walk through the building following a prescribed route after receiving their diplomas.
- Following the walk through, students and family members will exit the campus immediately. Only the graduate will be able to walk through the building.
- We will follow all CDC and Health Department guidelines in place at the time of the event. This may mean that you are asked to wear a mask and/gloves when entering the building. Graduates will take off their masks to walk across the stage and receive diplomas.
Graduates need to report to the high school on the date that corresponds to your last name. REMEMBER ONLY ONE (1) CAR PER GRADUATE WITH PARENTS/GUARDIANS AND IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS (MAXIMUM OF 6, INCLUDING GRADUATE) ALLOWED ON CAMPUS.
- --> May 18th
- Students with last names A through C at 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Students with last names D through F at 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
--> May 19th
- Students with last names G through J at 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Students with last names K through N at 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
--> May 20th
- Students with last names O through S at 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Students with last names T through Z at 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
--> May 21st — Makeup Date
- 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- --> Checkpoint #1: Staff Member Tech Center Porch
- Stay in your vehicle.
- Check in with school officials.
- Only one (1) car with Graduate, parents/guardians, and immediate family members (maximum of 6, including graduate) allowed on campus.
- Proceed to the rear upper parking lot and assigned parking spot when directed to do so.
--> Checkpoint #2: Rear Upper Parking Lot by Gym
- Stay in your car and wait for direction from school officials.
- Park and exit your car when directed.
- Abide by social distancing guidelines.
- Enter the gym lobby through assigned doors.
- Put on your cap, gown, any cords/stoles, etc.
- Wait for directions from a staff member.
--> Checkpoint #3: Gym Entrance into Gym Lobby
- Walk to the designated area.
- Guests will proceed to the assigned area.
- When directed, proceed to stage as name and credentials are read.
- We will record a short video of you in your cap and gown as you walk across the stage while credentials are read and move your tassel to signify graduation.
- Those graduates who want to complete one final walkthrough of the school will be directed at this time. Other family members will exit the gym and go directly to the car and wait for the graduate.
--> Exit Campus
- You may keep your cap and gown.
- Exit the building and return to your car.
- Exit school campus following the upper parking lot on the south side of the building and through the main gate.
Please fill out this Intent to Participate Form: https://bit.ly/intenttograduate2020
FEES—All fees must be paid in full before a student will be allowed to walk during the allotted graduation time. Payments will be taken when your student arrives on campus. Please bring exact change. If your student has a library book out it must be returned to avoid the book $20 per book fee.
PERSONAL BELONGINGS—If students have personal belongings in lockers please contact the school prior to your scheduled time so items can be gathered for graduate.