OPTION 2- PATRIOT LEARNING ACADEMY
- Edgenuity is an online curriculum that will rely on participation and completion
- This will be a personalized learning platform, based on each students' needs
- Teachers set due dates for assignments
- Time management and self pacing is the responsibility of the student
- There will be no set log on time for students each day
- Students will be assigned PLA teachers to help assist them with instruction and students should communicate with their instructor regularly
- This is NOT the same as NTI
This option is designed for families who do not believe it is in the best interest of their student's health to return to the school building. The level of expectation and accountability with this option will resemble that of the In-Person School option. We feel it is of the utmost importance to provide equitable instruction at home and in-person. This option will be made available for the entire school year.
The Patriot Learning Academy should not be confused with Non-Traditional Instruction (NTI). NTI days will be used for for short-term school closures such as snow days, weather days and county-wide sick days, etc.
Parents who choose this option for their student will be required to sign an agreement acknowledging the following expectations:
PATRIOT LEARNING ACADEMY EXPECTATIONS
- Students will be enrolled in the Patriot Learning Academy for the entire semester. A student may leave In-Person school and opt into PLA at any time during a semester. A switch from Patriot Learning Academy back to In-Person school can only occur at the end of the semester. The only exception to this is if a student was made to quarantine due to COVID-19. These students will be eligible to return during the current semester.
- Grades K-1st will be working from a workbook curriculum.
- Grades 2nd-12th will be working online.
- Students in grades 2nd-12th must have daily access to high quality internet.
- Grades 2nd-12th will use a Chromebook, supplied by the school system, to perform their daily work.
- There will be daily attendance taken and daily participation is expected of all students.
- Students will be asked to consistently communicate with their Patriot Learning Academy teacher. (NOTE: Certain teachers will be assigned to work specifically with Patriot Learning Academy students.)
EXTRACURRICULAR AND SUPPORT
- Patriot Learning Academy students will be permitted to participate in after school activities, such as athletics, if they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Meals will be available for students enrolled in the Patriot Learning Academy, but the meals must be picked up at the school. There will be no deliveries.
- Partnerships between parents and teachers will be critical to the success of this program for your student.
*NOTE- LCHS may also offer an Option 3 (Interactive Learning/Online) where they livestream classroom instruction.