Lincoln County Early Childhood School Readiness Mission is to ensure:
- Children are ready for school.
- Families are ready to support their children's learning.
- Schools are ready for children.
All children can be ready for school if they are supported by:
- Knowledgeable, nurturing teachers.
- Developmentally appropriate whole-child experiences.
- Environments that meet each child's unique needs.
- Parents that understand child growth and development.
- Strong partnerships among the school, family, and community.
Child development and education services are provided for children ages 3-4 years old including children with special needs. Preschool / Head Start classrooms are located throughout the county's elementary schools. Preschool/Head Start child attend four days a week. Early Head Start provides early childhood development services for infants & toddlers ages birth to 3 years old including children with special needs, who meet income eligibility guidelines. Early Head Start classrooms are located at the Stanford Early Childhood Center. Early Head Start children attend the classroom five days a week.
Services for four year old's who are "at risk" based on Free & Reduced Meal income guidelines, and three & four year old's who have identified disabilities. Children must be 3 or 4 by August 1st.
Services for 3 & 4 year old's who meet Head Start income guidelines. Children must be 3 or 4 by August 1st.
Early Head Start
Services for birth to three year old's who meet Head Start income guidelines.
2019-2020 Early Childhood Registration
Year round registration is held at the Early Childhood office by appointment. Please bring the following when coming to register your child:
- Child you are enrolling
- Certified copy of the child's birth certificate (not hospital record)
- Child's Social Security Card (optional)
- Child's Immunization Certificate
- Income Verification (check stub, W2, etc.)
To make an appointment please call the Early Childhood office at 365-9371.