What is the ILP?
Students across Kentucky are required to complete an Individual Learning Plan (ILP). The Career Cruising ILP Tool is designed to help students bring together their academic achievements, extracurricular experiences, and career and education exploration activities. This enables the student, parents or guardians, teachers, and counselors to work together to develop a course of study that meets the student's needs and goals.
The Student ILP Tool allows students to accomplish the following:
- Record their career, education, and life goals.
- Bookmark careers and schools that are of interest to them and include their thoughts about each.
- Explore the Kentucky Career Clusters and track the clusters that interest them.
- Store their results from standardized tests and assessments, including Career Matchmaker.
- Keep track of their career and educational exploration activities.
- Record their extracurricular activities, hobbies, and interests.
- Document their community services and work experience.
- Develop their four-year high school education plan.
- List awards and recognitions they have received.
- Document learning services and programs they have participated in.
- Upload related files, such as essays, scanned artwork, and letters of reference.
- Create personalized, professional-looking resumes.
The Parent/Guardian ILP Tool allows you to accomplish the following:
- View the work your child has entered in his or her ILP.
- Learn more about the careers and schools that are of interest to your child.
- Record your thoughts and comments about your child's learning plan.
- Email your comments to your child's advisors.
The Individual Learning Plan (ILP) is fully integrated with the Career Cruising career guidance system. Career Cruising is an Internet-based career exploration and planning tool your child uses to explore career and college options and develop a career plan. Career Cruising can be accessed from school, from home, or wherever your son or daughter has access to the Internet.
Career Cruising with the ILP has been designed with one goal in mind: to help students plan their future. With exceptional assessment tools, detailed occupation profiles, and comprehensive post-secondary education information, students move seamlessly through the career exploration and planning process. At the same time, teachers and parents have access to the real-time information and statistics they need to track students' progress and achievement.
Features of the program include:
- Interest and Skills Assessment - a world-renowned career assessment tool to help people identify suitable career options based on their interests and skills
- Career Profiles - thorough and up-to-date information about hundreds of different occupations, as well as the job descriptions, working conditions, education and training, earnings, job outlook and direct links between careers and college programs
- Multimedia Interviews - interviews with real people in each occupation, which add depth and realism to career profiles
- College and Financial Aid Information - comprehensive college and financial aid search tool information that help students explore post-secondary options to see which colleges, universities, and other institutions offer the opportunity for them to follow their desired career paths, as well as assisting students in finding the right college and the right scholarships
- Individual Learning Plan - available online, so students can develop their education and career plans from wherever they access Career Cruising
- Resume Builder - integrated with the ILP to help students format and print professional-looking resumes quickly and easily; With its seamless integration into the career and education planning process, Career Cruising's online Portfolio Tool leads students effortlessly through the steps of preparing for the world of work by not only including the option to build and print résumés with records of their academic performance, but also their volunteerism and service experiences as well
The Parent/Guardian ILP Tool allows you to view the information your child has stored in his or her ILP, learn more about the careers and schools that your child is interested in, and communicate with your child’s career advisor.
here. If you do not have a copy of your user name and/or password, ask your advisor or your counselor.
here to take a virtual tour.