Lincoln County schools covid-19 dashboard
This dashboard gives daily update of COVID-19 cases in Lincoln County Schools.
Click here to view: Dashboard Link
COVID-19 Positive Diagnosis Reporting
Per Kentucky Regulatory Statue (KRS) 158.160 parents/guardians are obligated to notify the student's school if the student has a medical condition that threatens the safety of the student or others in the school. This KRS has been in place since 2005. During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is of the upmost importance to promptly report positive test results to your school.
Reporting to schools should occur for all students, in-person and Patriot Learning Academy (PLA). Additionally, State of Emergency 902 KAR 2:220WE states parents/guardians responsible for a student shall notify the student's school within 24 hours following a positive test diagnosis of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (COVID-19).
Lincoln County Schools
Lincoln County Schools will offer in-person and Patriot Learning Academy (virtual learning) to students when school resumes on January 11th. PLA students will continue to learn from home as they did the previous semester. In-person students will be required to follow the guidance below.
*Starting March 8th all in-person students will now attend school five days a week in person.
*Return to school fast facts:
- Patriot Learning Academy (virtual school) will still be offered to all students. Students must remain in PLA until the end of the semester once they opt in.
- School buses will run their routes daily.
- Non-Traditional Instruction (NTI) is not the same as PLA. NTI days will be used for inclement weather, sick days, etc.
- If sickness (or quarantined staff) causes one of the schools in the district to be short staffed, they may be asked to utilize NTI.
- Extra-curricular activities will be allowed when permitted by schools.
- Middle and high school athletics will continue to follow the guidance issued by the Kentucky High School Athletic Association.
This page will be used to provide information to parents and staff about returning to school for the 2020-2021 school year. Our leadership team has worked closely with the Healthy at School Guidelines and the Lincoln County Health Department to develop our guidelines.
option 1: In-Person School
Students who enroll in Lincoln County Schools In-Person School will return to campus the week of January 11th. All staff and students will be required to abide by the Healthy at Schools Guidelines.
Lincoln County Schools believes the best place for our students to thrive (when feasible) is in the school building with our staff providing instruction. Obviously this will be different during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our goal is to provide students and staff with instruction in the safest manner possible:
day to day health and safety actions
- Parents/guardians will screen their student(s) for symptoms each morning, including a temperature check. If the student isn't feeling well, or is running a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, they should not attend school in-person that day. Schools will supply families with thermometers.
- All students and staff will be required to wear a face covering on campus at all times (unless eating, drinking or social distancing outside). Each student will a face mask from the school to start the year.
- Hand sanitization stations will be placed throughout the buildings.
- The buildings will frequently be cleaned with CDC approved cleaning supplies.
- Staff will encourage proper hygiene and limit group gatherings daily.
- Each school will have an area designated to quarantine individuals that develop symptoms while on campus.
- Schools will work closely with the school medical provider and the Lincoln County Health Department to follow proper COVID-19 protocols.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottle from home and will be permitted to refill it from water stations at school.
- Parents/guardians should ensure their student is fever free before getting on the school bus or before dropping them off at school each morning.
- Face masks should be used on school buses by all students.
- Students will be assigned seats on buses and are encouraged to sit with household members.
- Buses will be sanitized daily between routes and will have hand sanitizer available for staff and students.
- Lincoln County Healthy at School Bus Procedures Video (below)
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided on site and social distancing must be practiced.
- Students will remove face mask once they are seated.
- Staff will be required to wear a face mask at all times and will disinfect eating areas after students are finished eating.
option 2- Patriot learning academy
- Edgenuity is an online curriculum that will rely on participation and completion
- This will be a personalized learning platform, based on each students' needs
- Teachers set due dates for assignments
- Time management and self pacing is the responsibility of the student
- There will be no set log on time for students each day
- Students will be assigned PLA teachers to help assist them with instruction and students should communicate with their instructor regularly
- This is NOT the same as NTI
This option is designed for families who do not believe it is in the best interest of their student's health to return to the school building. The level of expectation and accountability with this option will resemble that of the In-Person School option. We feel it is of the utmost importance to provide equitable instruction at home and in-person. This option will be made available for the entire school year.
The Patriot Learning Academy should not be confused with Non-Traditional Instruction (NTI). NTI days will be used for for short-term school closures such as snow days, weather days and county-wide sick days, etc.
Parents who choose this option for their student will be required to sign an agreement acknowledging the following expectations:
Patriot learning academy expectations
- Students will be enrolled in the Patriot Learning Academy for the entire semester. A student may leave In-Person school and opt into PLA at any time during a semester. A switch from Patriot Learning Academy back to In-Person school can only occur at the end of the semester. The only exception to this is if a student was made to quarantine due to COVID-19. These students will be eligible to return during the current semester.
- Grades K-1st will be working from a workbook curriculum.
- Grades 2nd-12th will be working online.
- Students in grades 2nd-12th must have daily access to high quality internet.
- Grades 2nd-12th will use a Chromebook, supplied by the school system, to perform their daily work.
- There will be attendance taken and daily participation is expected of all students.
- Students will be asked to consistently communicate with their Patriot Learning Academy teacher. (NOTE: Certain teachers will be assigned to work specifically with Patriot Learning Academy students.)
ExtracURRICular and support
- Patriot Learning Academy students will be permitted to participate in after school activities, such as athletics, if they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Meals will be available for students enrolled in the Patriot Learning Academy, but the meals must be picked up at the school. There will be no deliveries. You must call the school each day by 9 AM to order lunch. You will then pick it up between 10:30 - 10:45 AM each day. Breakfast for the following day will be included.
- Partnerships between parents and teachers will be critical to the success of this program for your student.
*NOTE- LCHS offers Option 3, virtual classroom learning
non-traditional instruction (NTI)
The Kentucky Department of Education has granted all districts with unlimited NTI days for the 2020-2021 school year. NTI days are used to provide instruction to students when they are unable to be on campus due to inclement weather or widespread illness, etc.
Students may be asked to participate in NTI at any point during the school year. All LCS staff members will be expected to teach during NTI days. Your In-Person teacher(s) will be your NTI teacher(s).
NTI and Patriot Learning Academy are NOT the same thing.